Our app will recommend a set macronutrient ratio for you to follow. This determines what percentage of your diet should be comprised of carbohydrates, protein and fat. The default setting is suitable for most users and does not need to be changed. However, if you’d like to follow a particular type of diet (low-carb, high-protein, low-fat), you can select one under “Settings”.
- Switch to the “Me” section of the app .
- Scroll to the bottom and select “Settings” .
- Select “Goal Settings” and then click “Nutrient Goals”.
- Choose from one of the suggested Diet Types.
- Once you’ve selected a type, your nutrient goal will automatically be updated in your diary.
Although you have the option to customize the ratio percentage, we advise not straying too far from the originally-suggested values. Depending on the particular diet you have chosen, you will receive particular nutrient ratios that have been set by our nutritionist. These ensure that your body receives all the essential nutrients it needs.
If you deviate too far from the recommended values, you run the risk of ending up with a shortage of, for example, important fatty acids, protein, minerals or vitamins that your metabolism needs to function properly.